If your instructor is using the Video Assignments tool in Brightspace, please follow the instructions below to record or import your video and add any visual aids, if applicable.
- Locate the Content topic that contains a link to the Video Assignment and click on it.
- Review the assignment details and instructions on this page.
- If you will be adding a PowerPoint presentation (or other presentation images), check the box labled, "I will add slides/visual aids".
- At this point, you have some options for recording or importing your video.
- Select Video - Use this option if you have already recorded the video and the video file is on your computer. This option will allow you to select the video file and upload it as your submission to this video assignment.
- Record Video - This option will allow you to record the video in this window using your computer's webcam and microphone.
- Transfer - Use this option if you have previously recorded the video and it resides in Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. This option will allow you to sign into that service and pull the video directly from there.
- Import From Library - Use this option to import a video that you have already created with the Video Assignments tool into this assignment.
- Once you have recored or imported the video it may take a few minutes to process it before it can be reviewed.
- If you need to add visual aids to your video, you can do that now by clicking on the play button to watch your video and then clicking on the "Add Slide" button at each point where the slide should change. When you click on "Add Slide" it will allow you to upload the slide that should be showing at that point in the presentation. Presentation slides must be prepared prior to uploading. Please see the instructions below regarding how to prepare presentation slides.
- Once all of your slides have been added to your presentation video assignment, click on the "Finish Presentation" button.
Preparing Presentation Slides
Most students create their presentations in either PowerPoint or Keynote. Unfortunately, PowerPoint and Keynote presentation files cannot be uploaded directly into video assignments. Below are the instructions for preparing both PowerPoint and Keynote presentation slide decks for uploading into video assignments.
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- Click File > Export.
- Choose the location where you want to save your files, and then in the File Format box, click the option that says, "JPEG".
- Open your presentation in Keynote.
- Click File > Export To > Images...
- Make sure the dot for "Slides" is set to "All".
- Make sure "Format" is set to JPEG.
- Click Next...
- Choose the location where you want to save your files, and then click the "Export"button.