If you've been teaching at GFCMSU for awhile, your current semester's courses may not be listed near the top of the course selector menu by default. You have a couple of different ways to search for the courses and "pin" them so that they appear at the top of the list.
Basic Search Using The Course Selector
If you have access to many courses, you will have a search box at the top of the course list. You can click in this search box and enter part of the course name, course code, or even just the current term to locate your current courses. We use a numbering convention for terms that goes like this: Spring=30, Summer=50, Fall=70. You add the term to the end of the year. For example, for Spring 2018 you would enter 201830, for Fall of 2016 enter 201670, or for Summer of 2017 enter 201750.
Once the courses appear in the list, you can click on the small "pin" icon to the right of the course title to "pin" it to the top of the list for easier access in the future.
Advanced Search Using The Course Selector
Another method for searching for your courses is to use the Advanced Search. To use Advanced Search do the following:
- Click on the "Course Selector" icon. (This is the icon near the top of Brightspace that looks like a waffle.)
- Click on "Advanced Search", located just below the search box.
- In the Advanced Search window you can click on the "Select Semester" button and choose the current semester from the list.
- Once you select the semester, a list of only that semester's courses that you have access to will be made visible.
- From here, you can either click on the name of the course to go directly to that course, or you can click on the small "pencil" icon to the right of the name, this will take you to the "Course Offering Information" page for the course, allowing you to quickly make the course active by checking the "Course is Active" checkbox and clicking the "Save" button.