Faculty - How2 Record a WebEx Session with Panopto
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Use WebEx as a virtual classroom
- Record your WebEx session using Panopto
Prepare for the WebEx Recording Session
1. Access WebEx to Schedule a Meeting.
It is recommended that you set up the scheduled meetings approximately a week before the session. The GFC MSU WebEx URL is gfcmsu.webex.com. Please login using your Net ID and password. Be sure to invite participants or place the web address for the meeting within your D2L course as students will need that information to join the WebEx session.
2. Login to D2L and Test Panopto (if using for the first time).
See http://gfcmsuelearning.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000033855-faculty-how2-login-to-panopto to get started with Panopto.
The Day of the WebEx Session
1. Open WebEx, Login, and Select the Meeting.
When you start the session, remember to enable the audio. Also, it is helpful to share your screen with distance students.
2. From D2L, select "Panopto Recordings", record a new session, and adjust the settings.
The topic http://gfcmsuelearning.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/11000033917-faculty-how2-create-content-with-panopto discusses the recommended settings for recording within Panopto.