Faculty - How2 Use Automatic Captioning within Panopto
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Use automatic captioning (autocaptioning) within Panopto.
- Edit the autocaptioning file.
1. Select the video you want to edit.
You will want to use the "pencil", not the gear. The gear will take you to paid-for captioning services, not the autocaptioning services.
2. Select "Captions".
3. Select "Import Captions".
4. Select "Import Automatic Captions".
5. Edit the captions by clicking in the caption field and correcting any problems.
Tip: Shift + Space allows you to pause/play while editing captions, instead of having to press play using your cursor.