Faculty - How2 Create a Holistic Rubric
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Create a holistic rubric in D2L.
IMPORTANT: Please see "How2 Apply a Rubric to an Existing Activity" to make sure the students can see the rubric.
1. Select "Course Admin", followed by "Rubrics".
2. Select "New Rubric".
3. Fill out the required fields that are marked with a *.
There are ? marks and other clickable suggestions that D2L provides you throughout this process. Don't be afraid to click them to find out more.
4. Choose "Holistic" from the Rubric Type dropdown menu.
Holistic rubrics are described as the following by D2L: "Holistic rubrics do not break performance into separate criteria. Performnce is assessed holisticay, so that you consider several different criteria, but make only one overall assessment."
5. Select "Levels".
6. Use the dropdown arrows next to each criterion and levels to edit the fields.
Keep in mind that the rubric does start at 0 and cannot be edited.