Faculty - How2 Create an Analytic Rubric
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Create an analytic rubric in D2L.
- Link the rubric to various areas for student viewing.
1. Select "Course Admin", followed by "Rubrics".
2. Select "New Rubric".
3. Fill out the required fields that are marked with a *.
There are ? marks and other clickable suggestions that D2L provides you throughout this process. Don't be afraid to click them to find out more.
4. Choose "Analytic" from the Rubric Type dropdown menu.
Analytic rubrics are described as the following by D2L: "Most rubrics are analytic. An analytic rubric breaks performnce into multiple criteria. You assess each criterion separately, resulting in an overall assessment score. For example, an analytic rubric for assessing essays could have separate criterion for spelling, grammar, and expression. Each criterion can be assessed as poor, good, or excellent, resulting in an overall assessment that adequately evaluates performance."
5. Select "Levels and Criteria".
6. Use the dropdown arrows next to each criterion and levels to edit the fields.
Keep in mind that the rubric does start at 0 and cannot be edited.