Faculty - Troubleshooting Camtasia > YouTube Captioning Issues
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Fix the Camtasia > YouTube captioning glitch.
IMPORTANT: There is a known glitch with captions not displaying if the captions were made in Camtasia and then the video is uploaded to YouTube. You can workaround this issue by exporting your caption file from the Camtasia video.
1. Navigate to "Captions" in your Camtasia Video.
2. Select "Export captions".
3. Save the SubRip Caption File (*.srt).
4. Returned to the video you uploaded to YouTube.
5. Select "Subtitles/CC", and then "Add new subtitles or CC".
6. Select "Upload a File".
7. Select "Subtitles File", and then "Choose File."
You can then locate the file you exported from Camtasia which has the correct timings for your video, and then save the captions to your YouTube version of the video.