You do not have to use the self-enroll feature that is used in the video. The steps below demonstrate how to choose students yourself.
Faculty - How2 Use the Groups Feature in D2L Brightspace
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Assign students to groups for forums, assignments, and lockers.
- Create one grade item for a group assignment.
1. Select "Groups" from the Communications dropdown.
You will need to be in the course in which you would like to use the groups feature to see the Communications dropdown.
2. Select "New Category".
3. Fill out the title of the category.
Some suggestions could be "Week 1 Discussion" or "Group Report".
4. Continue to fill out the form and "Save".
5. Choose thread settings.
6. Select "Create and Next" to move to the next screen.
7. View "Workplace Summary" and click "Done".
Note that you have not assigned students to the groups yet. This is just an example of what the Workplace Summary looks like.
8. Click "Save" again.
The screen to edit your groups will appear again. Click "Save" once more.