Faculty - Create, Rename, and Apply a Custom Course Homepage
By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to...
- Create a custom course homepage.
- Rename a custom course homepage.
- Apply a custom course homepage.
1. Select "Course Admin".
You will need to be within your course before you can select the "Course Admin" selection.
2. Select "Homepages" from Site Setup.
3. Select the dropdown next to the current default homepage, and click "Copy".
This step is important as you want to make a copy of the template.
4. Click the "Copy" version of the homepage.
The homepages are a hyperlink, and the dropdowns are the actions for the homepage. Click on the "Copy" version of the homepage to edit the homepage.
5. Change the name of your homepage.
Homepages are often used year after year, so it is a good idea to change the name of your course homepage to something other than the default.
6. Change settings, and then select "Save and Close".
You are able to change the layout of the homepage, if you would like. It is recommended that you have the widgets ANNOUNCEMENTS, INSTRUCTOR WIDGET TEMPLATE, and GREAT FALLS COLLEGE MSU D2L SUPPORT on the homepage.