In some cases students may find it helpful to have their D2L Brightspace email forwarded to another email account. The instructions below will help you to setup email forwarding.
- Go to the email tool in D2L either by clicking on the mail icon and then on “Go to email” from the mini-bar, or by clicking on “Communications” and then on “Email” from within a course.
- Look for and click on the “Settings” button near the top right corner of the email area.
- In the page that opens, scroll to the bottom and look for “Forwarding Options”.
- Place a checkmark in the box that reads, “Forward incoming messages to an alternate email account”.
- Enter the email address you would like email forwarded to in the “Email Address” field.
- Select from one of the three options below. They are “Forward and delete from the inbox folder”, “Forward and mark unread in the inbox folder”, and “Forward and mark read in the inbox folder”. Note: the eLearning Department recommends setting this option to “Forward and mark read in the inbox folder”.
- Click on the “Save” button and you’re done!