The eLearning Department at Great Falls College MSU offers many options to get you the help you need when you need it. One of these options is our online chat. eLearning staff members monitor the chat lines during the day beginning at noon, (we’re often on the chat in the morning also!), and going until 9:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and until 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
To initiate a chat request:
- Either login to D2L or go to the page at http://elearning.gfcmsu.edu.
- Look for an orange “tab” near the bottom left corner of the page that says, “Click to chat with eLearning!”. (If the tab reads, “Click to leave a message for eLearning!” we are offline. You can leave a message that we will respond to by email.)
- Click on the orange tab to open the visitor form.
- Enter your Name, Email address, a brief message describing the question or problem, and your role at the college, (student, staff, faculty, or other).
- Hit the “enter” key or click on the checkmark to begin your chat.
- Within a few moments one of the eLearning staff members will welcome you to the chat and begin investigating the problem or answering your questions. Please note that the more information you can provide regarding the problem, the more efficiently we can determine the cause of your problem and find a solution.
- Be sure that you don’t navigate away from this page while the chat is in progress. If you do, simply click the back button to get back to this page and click on the chat tab again to resume.
- When the chat is finished, click on the orange part of the chat window to minimize the chat. If any follow up is needed regarding the question or problem, you will receive an email at the address you used to initiate the chat.