Cookies are important to many websites that require users to login. Some of the educational websites that are used at GFCMSU require cookies to be enabled in your web browser, including D2L, McGraw-Hill Connect, and Pearson MyMathLab. The instructions below should help you to make sure cookies are enabled in the web browsers you may use with those sites. Please be sure to follow the instructions for the correct browser you are using.
- Click on the Chrome menu icon .
- Click on Settings.
On the Settings window, click on "Show Advanced Settings...".
Look for the section labeled, "Privacy" and click on the "Content Settings" button.
In the section labeled, "Cookies", make sure the setting for "Allow local data to be set" is set and that there is no checkmark in the box labeled, "Block third-party cookies and site data".
- Click on the Firefox menu icon .
- Click on Preferences.
- On the Preferences window, click on the Privacy tab.
Click the drop-down menu next to "Firefox will:" and select "Use custom settings for history".
Make sure there is a checkmark next to "Accept cookies from sites" and that "Accept third-party cookies" is set to "Always".
- On the toolbar, click on Safari and then on Preferences.
On the Preferences window, click on the Privacy tab.
Make sure there is a dot next to either "Allow from websites I visit" or "Always allow".
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click Tools and then Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Under Settings, make sure the slider is set at the "Medium" level.
- Click "OK".