Some web based applications require students to allow popup windows in order for the website to work correctly. One example of a site that requires popups are the Pearson MyLab and Mastering products (MyMathLab, MyAccountingLab, MyBiologyLab, etc...). It's easy to allow (or block) popups by following the steps below. Be sure to locate the correct instructions for the web browser you are using.
- Click the menu button (or in older versions, the wrench icon ).
- In Windows, click Settings (or in older versions, Options). In Mac OS X, click Preferences... .
- Scroll down to the Privacy heading. (You may need to click Show advanced settings... or, in older versions, Under the Hood.)
- In the Privacy section, click Content settings... .
- In the Pop-ups section, select Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
- Click OK.
- Click the "X" to the right of the Settings tab to close it.
Note: To open content after disabling or configuring your pop-up blocker, you may need to refresh the web page.
How to Turn Off Pop-up Blockers for One Site
- Look for the "Pop-up blocked" notice in the address bar:
- Click the blocked pop-up icon. Select Always allow pop-ups from [address of site], then click Done.
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Content panel.
- In the content panel: uncheck the box that says, "Block pop-up windows".
- Close the Content panel.
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- On the toolbar, click on Safari > Preferences.
- Click on Security.
- Uncheck the box labeled, “Block pop-up windows.”