Some web based applications require students to allow popup windows in order for the website to work correctly. One example of a site that requires popups are the Pearson MyLab and Mastering products (MyMathLab, MyAccountingLab, MyBiologyLab, etc...). It's easy to allow (or block) popups by following the steps below. Be sure to locate the correct instructions for the web browser you are using.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu (it looks like this ).
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," click the Content settings button.
- Under "Pop-ups," select Allow all sites to show pop-ups.
- Click the menu button and choose Preferences.
- Select the Content panel.
- In the content panel: uncheck the box that says, "Block pop-up windows".
- Close the Content panel.
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- On the toolbar, click on Safari > Preferences.
- Click on Security.
- Uncheck the box labeled, “Block pop-up windows.”
- Click the Tools button , and then tap or click Internet Options.
- On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then tap or click OK.