Use the News tool to read instructor messages, course information, and other news updates.
News items appear in the News widget, but you can also receive instant notifications about postings through email, SMS, and RSS feeds. See Setting your notifications to learn about creating instant notifications for news items.
Note The Global News Item icon appears beside global news items in yourNews widget.
Do one of the following:
- Click News on the navbar.
- Click News in the header of the News widget.
- Click Edit Course on the navbar, click News from the Communication section on the Course Administration page.
Global news items appear in the same My Home and Course Home pages' News widget as course-related news items.
Managing News Items
- Use the drop down lists in the Sort Order column to select an item's order. Other items automatically reposition themselves according to the new order.
- Click Save.
Dismiss a news item
- Click the Dismiss icon for the news item you want to hide in your News widget.
- On the News page, click Dismiss from the context menu of the item you want to dismiss.